Oh bloody hell, she's back...

Saturday 26 January 2013

So I'm not really sure how to start this post... I could just gloss over the fact that I've not blogged since last Summer and carry on as if nothing's happened, but that'd be silly. At the same time, I'm not keen on going into a long ramble about how I lost my blogging mojo and how sorry I am and blah blah blah, because realistically, nobody cares and also, excuses are boring. Basically, I stopped blogging for a bit, I'm back now, hopefully for the long haul, but who even knows what the future holds? Certainly not me. Now quit yo' bellyaching and let's get on with it shall we? Or something... 

Anyway, I thought I'd make this first post a bit of an update, since a few things have changed since I last posted many, many moons ago. I've moved in with Joe - you may remember that we got a new house and Joe was doing TONS of work on it, so we couldn't move in straight away. Moving day just kept getting pushed further and further back, until eventually we had to move in, even though there was still lots to do. We moved in September (I can't believe how long it's been already!) and there is still a fair amount of work to do (I know, it's ridiculous, but there really was SO MUCH to sort out in this house!), but we're getting there. Some rooms are fabulous (our bathroom is pretty much the nicest room in the house - it has a TV, which is the world's most unnecessary thing ever but is still quite cool) and some still have a long way to go, but it's nice to have our own space nevertheless.

Keeping up with the Kardashians in the bath... because I can...

I also changed jobs. I actually really liked my job in Chester but the commute was a killer and I'm really not an early morning kind of girl. So when my boss at the beauty spa and clinic I interned at in 2011 asked me to come back and be her Marketing Manager, I couldn't really say no. It's been a hectic few months, as we've just recently launched another clinic, but I'm loving it and while I do still have to get two buses (damn you inability to drive!), it's nowhere near as long a journey as I had when I was going to Chester every day. 

To most normal people, this isn't really a big deal, but to me it is. Finally, about 12 years after everybody else, I got an iPhone. I randomly lost my old reliable LG one day and decided that it was about time I finally bit the bullet and joined the Apple brigade. I think the main selling point for me was Instagram and apps in general. (I know you don't have to have an iPhone for Instagram but shhh!) I've become a bit addicted to it, although I don't think I actually make use of all the clever things it can do. I mainly just use it for phone-related stuff, checking Facebook and watching YouTube videos on the way to and from work. In the words of Marge from Monsters Inc "I'm always watching".

It's bad really, because I used to always read on the bus, which I felt was good for my brain and stuff, but now I just obsessively watch beauty videos, which just end up fueling my craving for expensive beauty products. In terms of blogging though, this iPhone is going to turn out to be pretty darn useful, since a lot of my stuff is packed away in the loft including my camera charger and my Flip video camera that I use for vlogging. So, while I won't be able to film videos for a while (I can't face attempting to find it among all the boxes in the loft), I can at least take photos, since the iPhone camera's a good'un.

Before this post spirals out of control and I start telling you about every single thing I've been doing over the past seven months, I'm going to end it here. Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow with slightly more exciting subject matter - I went shopping today and bought a fair few exciting beauty products (probably all of which have at some point or other been mentioned by a Youtube beauty blogger and added to my mental list of "things I MUST own". Until then kids, keep out of trouble.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you blogging again Franki! TV in the bathroom belongs on Cribs; you're living the dream :o x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back on the blogging radar! :D

    http://jesuis-hannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Communication technology has taken giant strides in recent times and today we have Business Phone Service and internet phones.

    ReplyDelete

Give me the thoughts from your brains...
(please note, all spam will be deleted, so back off, spam-monkeys!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...