Hurting

Monday 9 March 2009

I went for a little look around the shops today and felt so completely uninspired, it was just depressing. Here's the issue - everywhere is currently stocking spring/summer collections - you know; linen, pastels, flouncy skirts, strappy tops etc etc et bloody cetera. Zara was the worst culprit for it - clearly their buyers are extremely optimistic for a hot summer...maybe they know something we don't...

But at the moment it's so dismally cold and wet that I literally can't imagine buying anything except tights, cardigans, scarves (my friend dragged me away from a massive black one because she didn't understand my yearning for it...I may go back and buy it tomorrow) and possibly some kind of raincoat (ok, I'm joking). I hate the cold. Hate it. I completely understand the appeal of hibernating like woodland creatures do, in fact, I'm currently on the look out for a suitable cave, stocking up on acorns and advertising for a squirrel room-mate to keep me company.
So yeah, not feeling the summery clothes just yet.

Also, is it just me or is anybody else offended by how stupidly expensive Urban Outfitters and American Apparel are? I constantly find myself vaguely picking up some simple, basic piece, like a t-shirt or jersey knit skirt, looking at the price tag and then going "HOW MUCH?!" before hurriedly slamming it back on the rail and storming off in a huff. £52 for a fine knit jumper! I just think it's silly, I do, I really, really do. Maybe I'm getting old and cynical...

Even so, I did find one moment of sheer joy when in the shoe section of Topshop today. My goodness, their shoe designers are on form this season! Actually the whole of Topshop is very, very good at the moment - the current jewellery collection is incredible (I know I praised it a bit in my last post, but it really is beautious).

I talked myself out of buying the ruffled ones and then sat down to read Style magazine and was faced with a massive picture of them - it's clearly a sign that I should buy and love them forever...

from left to right - PASSION £95, SHE-RA £70, LULU £60
(photos from topshop.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me the thoughts from your brains...
(please note, all spam will be deleted, so back off, spam-monkeys!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...