Resort 2010 - the story so far...

Thursday 21 May 2009

Hello my little loves! Apologies for not having posted very much lately - haven't been feeling particularly inspired (this mainly comes from the fact I haven't been shopping in a LONG time -trying to be good and not spend money in the frivolous way I usually do).

Don't fret though, have got a few posts coming up which should be quite interesting. I'm working on something in particular that will probably be a big'un, not sure how long it's going to take me, because I want it to be well-written, but soon, children, soon. Anyways, over the past week or so, a few Resort collections for 2010 have popped up, so here's some of my favourite pieces so far...
Compared to the Bottega Veneta and Chanel collections (which I'm going to talk about in just a moment), Erdem was minimal to say the least. The pieces were relaxed yet elegant; lots of feminine, wearable dresses and skirts, which not only looked stylish, but also really comfortable. (does that make me sound like an old women? "Oh it looks SO comfortable!") I love the floor-length cocktail dress with the slouchy t-shirt neckline. The floral prints reminded a little bit of recent Basso and Brooke collections, but then, Basso Brooke are print fiends so it's easy to make a connection...

The Chanel show took place in Venice, one of Coco Chanel's favourite locations, and the show itself, according to style.com, was full of clever references to the city, most of which I would never get because I'm not very up on my knowledge of Venetian history. Regardless of references, this show was ridiculously good and I'm particularly loving the 1920s-style hair and makeup; those dark, smudgy eyes look FA-HAB-ULOUS! Also really enjoying the nautical feel of the beachwear and quite desperately want the bag in the first photo!

So, this is a reference to gondoliers, right?

Other highlights for me, include, this incredibly decadent, dirty gold dress with matching cardigan type thing (it's hard to tell from the picture, ok?!) and that lovely, uber-1920s lacy number.



And finally, proof that Karl Lagerfeld is not only a genius, but also has a sense of humour;

Sunglasses, on a stick! Like a masquerade masque! How can nobody have thought of this before?!

Despite Chanel's crazy eye-wear, my favourite collection so far has been that of Bottega Veneta, as it made me have one of those moments where I just kept going "Oh, but I love it all!" Very chic, very simple, very cool. Tomas Maier went in a very different direction with this show, opting for vibrant block shades of oranges, pinks and blues, rather than the usual, more subdued tones. I just love the really relaxed tailoring of these first pieces;

After the smart stuff came some playful beachwear and killer accessories. Massive necklaces are well and truly here to stay - they're everywhere! Also, isn't it weird how, what is ultimately a black pair of Bridget Jones pants, can look so glam?

Last of all came these beautiful gowns. Sometimes less really is more - no frills, no embroidery, no fuss. Just lots of lovely, floaty fabric. Imagine being clad in that much pink!

Chanel Iman has stolen my heart a little bit - she is truly FIERCE! And with a name like Chanel Iman, it'd be a crime for her not to be...


So that's what we've got so far from the Resort shows. There will surely be more coming soon - I'll keep you posted!


(all photos from style.com)

1 comment:

Give me the thoughts from your brains...
(please note, all spam will be deleted, so back off, spam-monkeys!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...