I am so sick of people taking their insecurities out on me...

Wednesday 4 February 2009

So yesterday I opened up my makeup bag and talked about all of the products I use on a day to day basis. Riveting stuff, I'm sure you'll agree...

Today I'm going to show you the guilty secret I mentioned...the thing that takes up nearly all the space in two other makeup bags...dun dun DUN...eyeshadow.

I've always had a bit of a thing for eye makeup. When it comes to a choice between a dramatic lip or a dramatic eye, the eye wins every time. Perhaps this is because, in the theatre world, stage makeup tends to focus around the eyes. When I first got involved with drama at uni, there were two final year girls who always used to do the most incredible eye makeup for whenever they were performing on stage. Of course, when I tried to do the same thing it'd look a bit of a mess and I'd be bordering on drag queen territory, but still, the fascination has remained firmly in place (it's the little kid in me still wanting to just stick my fingers in everything...). Stage makeup is what got me into wearing liquid eyeliner; I bought some to wear in a show once and then just got into the habit of using it every day; I like how it makes your eyelashes look thicker and gives your eyes more definition.

The beauty of eye makeup is that there's just so much variety; so many products for me to get my grubby little mitts on and smear all over my eyelids. Here's a photo of some of my favourites...

Back row, going left to right; H&M Decadent Glitter Eyes Pallette, Blisslids in Choco-lot, Prestige Eyeshadow in Ink, Lancome Colour Focus Eyeshadow in Madame Butterfly, Suqqu Eyeshadow in Sorairo (an unusual make I've not heard of - this came in a beauty hamper I won last year) Middle row; Collection 2000 Dazzle Me! Loose Pigments in Lustrous, Spellbound, Bewitch, Tinkerbell and Mystery, Glo Minerals Eyeshadow in Blue Suede, Lancome Colour Focus Pallette. Front Row; Natural Collection Duo Eyeshadows in Plum/Blossom and Mocha/Latte and Natural Collection Eyeshadow in Aqua Shimmer.
As you can see, I'm a huge fan of loose pigment, namely the Collection 2000 Dazzle Me! range. The beauty of this product is that it lasts for AGES and there is a huge range of colours available. It's got impressive staying power too, I mean obviously, we're not talking MAC quality but it's still pretty good and the colours are really vibrant. The very bright turquoise one (Spellbound) is my favourite and looks lovely when used as a liner on the outer corner of the lower lash line.
I tend to stick to just one or two colours normally; as I mentioned yesterday, the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick, which is just a simple selection of golds and browns, is my eyeshadow of choice, because the colours are pretty and I know they suit me. I'll sometimes try something new out, such as a smokey eye or a bit of bright colour, but I generally go for a light, shimmery colour on the eyelid with a slick of eyeliner over the top.
One of my current subscriptions on youtube is panacea81, an absolutely brilliant youtuber who has actually achieved fame for her countless tutorials on exciting eye makeup looks, some of which she's created herself and some are very accurate copies of looks worn by celebrities in films and music videos etc. I would urge anyone to check out her channel because she's simply marvellous!
Anyway, that's enough rambling for one night. Two posts in one day?! What's the world coming to?
I'm off to watch the last few minutes of the Liverpool vs Everton match...it's kind of a big deal for us scouse-types...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me the thoughts from your brains...
(please note, all spam will be deleted, so back off, spam-monkeys!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...