Things that make you go "ooooh"

Tuesday 10 February 2009

So yesterday I was looking at photographs from the BAFTAs, and fell in love with Freida Pinto's dress -


It's an Oscar De La Renta creation and apparently he made it for her himself after she visited him in his studio in New York. Jealous? Me? Nah...

It must be my inner princess that takes hold when I see dresses like this; soft, muted pastels and all those romantic layers - it makes me want to grow my hair really long, braid it with flowers and then frolic in slow motion through a field, before being carried off by a prince on a white horse. It brought to mind perhaps the most beautiful princess-y layered dress of them all - the Versace Seafoam gown that Carrie wore in the final episode of Sex And The City. Ah, that dress!!! There's just something magical and ethereal about all those layers; it's so incredibly feminine and soft and floaty. If I had a dress like that I would have to surround myself with only soft and beautiful things and eat fairy cakes with pink icing and have little children throw petals at me all day long. That's what I'd do.

I was in this frame of mind for a while so decided to channel my thoughts of loveliness and tulle and layers and joy into some Polyvore sets;

When I grow up, I'm going to be a princess...

Princess Leia Layer...

Tulle-y, Madly, Deeply...

Tulle-y, Madly, Deeply

It is a life goal of mine to one day wear the Olivier Theyskens for Nina Ricci gown in the first picture (bottom left) - how stunning is that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me the thoughts from your brains...
(please note, all spam will be deleted, so back off, spam-monkeys!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...